Beeline (Билайн) is a Russian telecommunications brand by OJSC VimpelCom that is Russia’s third-largest wireless and second-largest telecommunications operator with over two hundred million customers.
Nagra is a brand of the he Kudelski Group, a global leader in digital security and convergent media solutions for the delivery of digital and interactive content. Its technologies are used in a wide range of services and applications requiring access control and rights management. Its three main activity sectors include integrated Digital Television, cyber security solutions and Public Access solutions.
Nagra in cooperation with Coolmedia provided to Beeline a Multiscreen Cloud Platform for managing Pay/Free/Subscription based TV services, both On Demand and Live, accessible via Internet through a variety of connected devices like smartphones, tablets, desktops and game consoles.
Coolmedia cooperated in design of the solution and in the system integration process, dealing mainly with the design and the implementation of the multi-platform, multi-screen client application that entitles Beeline customers to access to all the services and contents available.
Main client functionalities:
- Full integration with Beeline backend
- 7 days EPG and live streams playback management
- 3 days reverse EPG for Catch-Up TV content management
- Catalogue browsing, searching and on demand content playback
- Live TV Zapper
- Secure Player and Secure Storage management
- User registration, authentication and profile management
- In-App device, PIN, password and Parental Control management
- In-App purchase of contents, services and packages
- In-App subscription and unsubscription to VOD and LiveTV packages
- Account status and purchase history management
- News, dashboard, messaging, FAQ, feedbacks and subtitles management
- AirPlay and ChromeCast management for remote playback of contents